I am not my grandmother. She is a cook. She can throw down. She makes people swoon. I, on the other hand, need Pinterest. My children likely think an iPhone is a necessary accessory for any culinary adventure. Yet, I can cook. I don’t cook like her, but I assemble the ingredients and 95% of the time it is edible and 70% of the time it is delicious! Don’t let someone else’s kitchen swag intimidate you from cooking. You put together a great salad - awesome! Want to learn to make pasta? Do it! Enjoy tomato soup? You can make it at home in 15 minutes! See, cooking is for everyone. It isn’t an experts only activity. And Christianity isn’t for experts either, just people who are hungry, willing to make mistakes, and unafraid to ask for help.
My favorite tomato soup recipe
- Can of tomatoes and garlic
- Onion - chopped
- Thyme or basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Grilled cheese sandwiches (for dipping)
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until its nice and translucent
- Add in the can of tomatoes and garlic, the thyme, basil, salt, red pepper flakes to your liking
- Mess about for five minutes and make it all hot and happy
- Poor into a blender - be careful
- Dip Grilled cheese sandwiches
What are some of your favorite recipes?